The Recreation Department is Currently
Due to the Covid - 19 Pandemic
Fun with Fitness at the Active Adult Center!
As you grow old, it is more important than ever to continue an active lifestyle! SRDA offers a variety of exercise equipment and fitness classes for all ages and ability levels:
- Morning Tai Chi: Tuesday and Thursday, 8:45 to 9:45 a.m.
- Tai Chi for Health: Every Monday and Wednesday, 3 to 4 p.m.
- Chair Yoga: Tuesday and Thursday, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Zumba: Every Tuesday at 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. in the SRDA Dining Room
- Line Dancing: Enjoy dancing every Tuesday at 11 a.m. to Noon
- Line Dancing Too: Enjoy dancing every Thursday at 11 a.m. to Noon
- Art Classes: Every Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Exercise Equipment offered including recumbent bikes, stationary bicycle, and treadmills. Equipment is open daily between 8am-3pm.
- Bicycle Share Program is open to all! Our one size fits all easy board bikes are sure to get you where you're going. Take one out for your lunch break, to run an errand, or just go for a cruise! Bikes are available free of charge Monday-Friday 8am-3pm.
Trips & Socials
SRDA Recreation/Active Adult Center offers affordable day trips (during fair weather months) to Black Hawk and Cripple Creek, as well as outings to museums and cultural performances.
Call today for upcoming events! 719-553-3445.
Monthly Dance Socials
Join us for monthly dance socials for the senior community in the dining room at the SRDA/Joseph H. Edwards Active Adult Center and enjoy the fabulous music, friends and fun!
Contact us at: 719-553-3445.
Do you want to exercise your brain and spend a fun few hours meeting new friends?
SRDA Recreation/Active Adult Center has several groups that will sharpen your wits and social experiences. Contact us at: 719-553-3445 for days and times:
- Knit and Chat
Call today for the activity schedule at: 719-553-3445
Classes & Workshops
Develop and unleash your creative side and soothe your soul with the Active Adult Center classes and workshops:
- Art Classes (ongoing)
- Beginning and Intermediate computer classes
- Cooking Matters
- Safety of Seniors Conference (September)
- Matter of Balance
- Tai Chi
Please plan to join us and call today for the schedule and fees, at: 719-553-3445
Our department is conveniently located on the second floor of the:
Joseph H. Edwards Active Adult Center
(at the corner of Union and Grand)
230 N Union Avenue
Pueblo, CO 81003